Here’s a tasty way to enjoy the zucchini from your garden.
Zucchini Sausage Soup
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (or equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes)
- 4 cups broth (I use homemade vegetable broth, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
- 5 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium-large)
- 1 T chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
In a large pot, brown the sausage in a little bit of oil. Add the onion and continue cooking until translucent. Add the tomatoes, broth, zucchini, basil, and fennel seed. If you happen to have a fennel bulb on hand, you can chop that up and add it, too. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat, and let simmer until the zucchini is cooked, adding water as necessary. Add salt to taste.
Pingback: Convenience | My Edible Backyard
Pingback: Celebrate Zucchini | My Edible Backyard